[Suggestion] Disable /me usage in server  (Read 251 times)
Suggestion for (MTA, Forum, website): MTA

Suggestion: Create a script so that whenever someone attempts to use the /me command, it automatically sends the user a message saying "The server management has disabled the use of the /me command"

Why should this be added?: As this is not a roleplay server, there isn't really any need for this command to be active

Anything else you'd like to add?: Disabling this may also help cut down on unintentional keybind spam, including spam in other languages. I was looking through the MTA wiki, and from everything I read, it should definately be possible to block the message from going to the chatbox, and sending a predefined message to the player

• Donator
  • Senior Officer
  • Former Server Moderator of Palm Beach Games
Some players might still wanna stretch out for a bit of realism tho. For instance:

* SCPD writes a ticket worth $200 for speeding.

Some players might still wanna stretch out for a bit of realism tho. For instance:

So do what I do:

/c I've issued [insert offenders name here] a citation for [insert amound] for [insert reason]

So, we can put the option of enabling showing /me in /settings.
''There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.''

here is the solution. courtesy of : https://forum.mtasa.com/topic/31270-me/

Code: [Select]
    addEventHandler('onPlayerChat', root, function(message, type)
        if type == 1 then -- /me action
          cancelEvent()
        end
    end)

here is the solution. courtesy of : https://forum.mtasa.com/topic/31270-me/

Code: [Select]
    addEventHandler('onPlayerChat', root, function(message, type)
        if type == 1 then -- /me action
          cancelEvent()
        end
    end)

I know how to script, thank you very much. Here's another courtesy of me, moved to denied.